Head of development, research and clinical implementation, Section for Anaesthesia for ENT, Head-, Neck- and Maxillofacial Surgery, Rigshospitalet | University Hospital of Copenhagen
Clinically working anaesthetist, daily supervising seven operating rooms with elective and emergent ENT- Head-, Neck- and Maxillofacial surgery at the tertiary referral hospital and trauma centre, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen. Denmark. This work goes hand in hand with teaching and research at all levels, locally, nationally and internationally.
Ongoing Research and Scientific papers
Ongoing research topics (2018) from our international research groups centered in Copenhagen:
Ventilation via a 2.4 mm ID-cuff’ed tube – a paradigm shift in airway management, https://doi.org/10.1111/aas.12894
Infrared light as a guide to trachea, https://doi.org/10.1111/aas.13016
Optimizing the use of the cricothyroid membrane in airway management, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bja.2018.02.015
Scientific papers: PubMed indexed publications
Scientific and related activities
- In the broadest sense: Interest in all research and development directly or indirectly related to management of the airway (see publications).
- Board of Directors, President-elect, European Airway Management Society (EAMS). • Scientific and planning head, The Scandinavian international airway management course Airway Management for Anaesthesiologists (www.airwaymanagement.dk)
- Chair, International liaisons’ committee, Society for Airway Management (SAM).
- Guest lecturer at European Society of Anaesthesiologists’ (ESA) (2008-2018), American Society of Anaesthesiologists (ASA) (2013-2018) , Society for Airway Management (SAM) (2000 + 2011-2018) , Difficult Airway Society (DAS) (2003, 2014-16), European Airway Management Society (EAMS) (2006, 2013, 2017-8), World Airway Management Meeting (WAMM) (2015) and World Congress of Anesthesiologists (WCA) (2016), annual scientific congresses and international, regional and national events in all continents outside Antarktis
Special professional experiences
- Worked in Greenland giving anaesthesia in remote locations.
- Work with travel medicine and repatriations globally.
- Trained and worked with Hyperbaric Medicine.
- Trained in applied physiology for testing astronaut candidates.
- Trained in pulmonology and thoracic surgery to optimize bronchoscopy skills etcetera
Awards and Honorary lectures
- Gave the 2016-honorary Ovassapian-lecture at the ASA-Anesthesiology meeting in Chicago
- Awarded best lecturer by the Danish anaesthesia residents
- Awarded: “Top ten most cited original Anaesthesia paper 2011-2012” Anaesthesia, UK